Socialist Youth League of Norway
The Socialist Youth League of Norway (Sosialistisk Ungdom - SU) is a revolutionary socialist and feminist organisation.
The Socialist Youth League (SU) is the youth league of the Socialist Left Party of Norway (SV).
SU organize some 2000 members between the age of 13 and 30. We have regional branches in all 19 counties, and have around 60 local groups. At some universities and colleges SU also organize student groups.
SU fights for a true socialist democracy, a society free of class differences and oppression. We fight against imperialism and all forms of racism. Our ideology is based on marxist and feminist theories.
On the international level SU..
- supports the demand for the removal of all occupying forces from Iraq and Afghanistan
- opposes NATO and works for ending Norwegian membership in the alliance
- opposes Norwegian membership in the European Union
- supports the Palestinian people's struggle against Israeli occupation and Apartheid, and supports the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions against the Occupation.
- supports the struggle for a free Western Sahara (SADR)
- supports the abolition of WTO and IMF
Every second year SU organize a campaign of international solidarity. In 2010 our campaign is focusing on international corporations exploitation of Nigeria. This is some of our former solidarity campaings:
Socialist Youth League (SU) is a member of ENDYL, the European Network of Democratic Young Left. We cooperate closely with other progressive youth organizations such as Ung Vänster (Sweden), SFU (Denmark) and JUCO (Colombia).
Any person living in Norway, aged between 13 and 30, can become a member of SU. Contact us and we will send you information by post. The membership fee is 100 NOK. If you have a Norwegian cell phone you can become a member by texting "SUMEDLEM your name and adress" and send it to 2030 (only 50 NOK).
Tel: (+47) 21 93 33 50
Contact Executive Committee (Norwegian pages)
”Sommerleir” – The Summer Camp – is the biggest event of the Socialist Youth every year. It has been a great success the last fifteen years and it keeps growing. From July 31st to August 5nd this year 300 to 400 youngsters between 13 and 30 years of age will spend a week together at the beautiful island Risøya near Tvedestrand.
Monday 18. June 2007 | Read more